How to Keep Your Secret (Key)?Status: Available Now
During the presentation I will start by exploring low-level attacks to obtain secret keys:
- Examining the Meltdown and Spectre attacks, which exploit hardware architectural features,
- Understanding Side Channel Attacks on AES based on chip power consumption,
- Analyzing example of poor key management and quality in WEP WiFi networks.
After that, I will explain how to secure cryptography keys by:
- proper generation (entropy and random number generator)
- safe exchange (Diffie-Helman and Quantum key approach)
- proper distribution (centralized vs distributed -> PKI vs blockchain approach)
- secure storage (in embedded devices, servers, hardware wallets)
Finally, I will provide an example of an IoT device to illustrate how the above features are demonstrated in real-world application.