- 30+ years' experience in hard real-time embedded systems
- Over 40+ years programming experience
- Wide breadth of experience in tools, systems, etc
- My stuff works. All the time. Every time
- I control hardware and schlep bits
I have worked on a wide variety of projects, from toys to NASA sounding rockets. I have extensive experience in basically every common microcontroller, development environment, and language. I am a C expert, with over 1 million LOC. I care about Systems Engineering processes, and will bring the INCOSE process, scaled appropriately, to a project without one. I have been a consultant, engineer, teacher, and researcher. As an embedded systems engineer, I've been the one responsible for defining requirements, MPU selection, architecture, design, and much more. I am proficient in firmware (RTOS and Bare-Metal) and have written over 100 device drivers for peripherals and custom hardware.
I have brought projects from the brink of death to completion, rescued those doomed to fail, and brought order to the chaos left in the wake of another engineer.
I have worked closely with every part of the embedded systems industry, from processor manufacturers through to OEMs and ODMs.
Using a Command Line Interpreter for developing and manufacturing embedded systemsStatus: Available Now
A Command Line Interpreter (CLI) is a very useful tool for both development and system monitoring. Issues/topics include:
- 1: What is a Command Line Interpreter (CLI)?2: Why and How to use CLIs in embedded systems.
- 2a: Using a CLI for writing device drivers
- 2b: Using a CLI in bare-metal systems
- 2c: Using a CLI in RTOS systems.
- 3. CLI Architecture
- 4: Production testing with a CLI
- 5: Using different input sources
- 5a: Serial port
- 5b: Ethernet socket
- 5d: Scripts
By popular demand, here's a zip file for the Arduino CLI:
Live Q&A - Using a Command Line Interpreter for developing and manufacturing embedded systemsStatus: Available Now
Live Q&A with Bandit Gangwere for the theatre talk titled Using a Command Line Interpreter for developing and manufacturing embedded systems