Tips to Boost Your Productivity with Modern RTOSes
Developing embedded applications using modern real-time operating systems (RTOS) can be challenging, and going from a quick prototype to a production-ready application can be daunting.
In this workshop, we will be going through concrete examples of embedded development best practices, and useful development tools that can not only save you time, but also help you build more robust applications. We will be using the Zephyr RTOS as an example, but the concepts and tools we will be discussing are applicable to any RTOS.Some of the topics we will be covering include:
- Simplifying testing through emulation software (ex. Wokwi, Renode, qemu, ...)
- Boosting you command line
- Setting up CI/CD for your embedded project
- Leveraging Software Bill of Materials (SBOM) to improve security and traceability
- Leveraging some cool Visual Studio Code extensions for embedded development
By the end of this workshop, participants will have gained practical insights and knowledge to improve their productivity when developing embedded applications using an RTOS, and Zephyr in particular.