Home > Theatre Talks >
How to do Embedded Development in an Agile Way
Agile: what is it, and what isn't it -- you might think that this topic would be settled by now, but the debate seems to be increasing if anything. I've encountered many doubts about whether agile makes sense for embedded in the first place, and how to apply its principles.
So in this talk I'll try to summarise how to understand agile, and how to apply it in the embedded domain.
- What's the mindset and philosophy behind Agile (I promise, it's not sprints)
- Should you be using agile in the first place?
- How can you possibly apply it in physical products?
- How does it work in regulated, i.e. safety-critical contexts?
- How can you convince your coworkers, your managers -- and perhaps even yourself, to give it a try?
- Where should I start, and who do I need to ask for permission?
I'll also try to address the most frequent doubts, criticisms and especially misunderstandings of agile, particularly as applied to embedded systems.